Saturday, January 30, 2010

Souper Saturday

I decided to have a soup post every Saturday. I love soup! It goes a long way for get togethers, is usually pretty economic to make and great to freeze for a quick dinner. This one was created by my mom, so the credit goes to her. I've made it several times for our football parties with friends.

Salsa Chicken Soup

2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
4-6 cups chicken broth
1 cup mild salsa
1 can drained black beans
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup milk
1/2 box Velveeta, cut up(use coupon here for $1.00 off!)

I just put everything except velveeta and milk in and let simmer for 10 minutes or so, then I add the cheese and milk till it melts. We usually garnish with some sour cream and corn chips.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I have eaten this a lot and love it. Now, I can make it (or a version of it). Mmmmm chicken and salsa.

    ReplyDelete